da Vinci® … Changing the Experience of Surgery at Tulsa Spine & Specialty Hospital
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with a condition that may require surgery, you owe it to yourself to learn about all of your medical options, including the most effective, least invasive surgical treatments available.
The da Vinci® Surgical System provides surgeons with an alternative to both traditional open surgery and conventional laparoscopy, putting a surgeon’s hands at the controls of a state-of-the-art robotic platform. The da Vinci System enables surgeons to perform even the most complex and delicate procedures through very small incisions with unmatched precision.
For the patient, benefits may include:
- Significantly less pain
- Less blood loss
- Less scarring
- Shorter recovery time
- A faster return to normal daily activities
- And in many cases, better clinical outcomes
da Vinci Hysterectomy
Traditional open gynecologic surgery, using a large incision for access to the uterus and surrounding anatomy, has for many years been the standard approach to many gynecologic procedures. Yet with open surgery can come significant pain, trauma, a long recovery process and threat to surrounding organs and nerves.
For complex hysterectomies and other gynecologic procedures, robot-assisted surgery with the da Vinci Surgical System may be the most effective, least invasive treatment option. Through tiny, 1-2 cm incisions, surgeons using the da Vinci System can operate with greater precision and control, minimizing the pain and risk associated with large incisions while increasing the likelihood of a fast recovery and excellent clinical outcomes.
Learn More: da Vinci Hysterectomy
Video of the da Vinci® Surgical System
da Vinci® Gynecological and Gynecological Oncology Information
Documents provided by Intuitive Surgical, Inc. © 2010 Intuitive Surgical, Inc
- da Vinci® Uterine Fibroids Brochure
- da Vinci® Hysterectomy Leaflet
- da Vinci® Hysterectomy w/ Early Stage Cancer Information Packet
- da Vinci® Sacrocolpopexy Information Packet
- da Vinci® Vaginal or Uterine Prolapse Brochure
- da Vinci® Myomectomy Information Packet
- da Vinci® Hysterectomy Poster
- da Vinci® Hysterectomy w/ Early Stage Cancer Poster
- da Vinci® Hystorectomy Brochure
- da Vinci® Hysterectomy w/ Early Stage Cancer Brochure
For additional information on minimally invasive surgery with the
da Vinci® Surgical System visit www.davincisurgery.com.